Search This Blog

Monday, September 1, 2008

Swimming Lessons

Saturday morning I nearly had a heart attacked as I looked at the clock. I immediately dashed into the living room and informed Emily that it was time to go. We rushed upstairs and I grabbed the first swimming suit available for her and she jerked it on. Then she ran down the hall and down the stairs trying to put on her shorts and shirt as she went. I hastily gathered up her swimming gear and threw them into a backpack. Once in the car, I prayed all the way to the pool for the traffic lights to stay green.

The clock in the car flashed 10:00 as we pulled into the parking spot. We ran to the entrance to be met by a mother with her two daughters that informed me that the swimming lessons were canceled due to the holiday. The lady and I were both relieved that we were not the only mothers that didn't have it together. Our vibes were telling the other that we should form a club and call it the "Not all together Moms Club" but we couldn't because we couldn't get it together to do such a thing.

Once in the car, Emily lifted her hands and shouted "Praise the Lord! I hate swimming lessons." I told her the she cracked me up and she replied, "my pleasure." I laughed all the way home.

No comments: