Search This Blog

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Consignment Sale Pick up

Saturday night I finally sat down for a moment and pretended to watch few minutes of a movies. I can't hear the television very well so I normally don't even pretend. But I was so tired that I enjoyed just sitting down for a moment and my mind soon began wonder what I really rather be doing and I thought to myself that I would rather be at a scrapbook crop. Then I remembered why I wasn't which was because I had to go pick up my unsold items at the church. I looked at the clock, jumped up and yelled to Hartford, "I gotta go, I've got 15 minutes to get to the church and pick up my unsold items."

I rushed to the church. I wasn't the only one that was picking up their stuff at the last minute. I had two loads that didn't sell. Once I got home, I inspected the items and went over my list.

I picked up 90 items which means that I sold 244 items out of 334. That's 71%. I normally sell a higher percentage. Nonetheless, I am thrilled to no ends with what was sold. Most of the items that I didn't think would sell, sold. There were only a few items that I brought home that I thought would sell. However, I'm sure that some of the items were misplaced at the sale and potential buyers didn't even see the items. That's just a part of it. Sometimes I try to re-sale the items next time around but I usually, try to get rid of the unsold items. I don't price my stuff high so usually it isn't worth working with the stuff again.

I'm eager to get the check to see how much I made. I purchased a lot of items this season for Emily at the four sales that I attended. I don't anticipate the check to more than what I spent but I hope it makes a good dent in it. The only things that I anticipate purchasing for Emily are some tennis shoes (I didn't find one pair at the sales) and some turtlenecks to wear under some items that she has. I think that I did good.

No comments: