Search This Blog

Monday, June 9, 2008

The two piece bathing suit

Three weeks ago Emily declared to me that she was now a first grader and needed a bathing suit that told the world that she wasn't a kindergartner anymore. Hmm, I didn't actually know exactly how to handle this so my wonderful sister came to the rescue and took Emily shopping. They had fun and the bathing suit is perfect. Thank you Connie!!

Not only do I love the bathing suit, I also love this sweet toothless grin.




Here's a bonus picture. It is a shark made from a toilet paper roll. As Emily was painting the deep pink around its mouth, I was thinking that it was so unlike her to think about putting blood around its mouth. It was actually grossing me out. She must of felt my deep concerning thoughts and she stopped in mid-stroke, looked up at me, grinned and asked, "How do you like the the shark's lip stick?" I smiled and simply said that I loved it and my soul was warm as I thought "that's my Emily!"

No comments: