Search This Blog

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Hartford's Father's Day

I believe that I could possibly be the worst gift giver on this planet. Although I try my best, it never fails that whenever I purchase Hartford a gift he either returns it for something that he wants or it eternally hides on a shelf collecting dust because he doesn't want to hurt my feelings by taking it back. However, I think I gave him the best gift that I have ever gave him today. He opened his drawer and found them. He grabbed one in each hand and leaped into Emily's room where we were and smiling ear to ear, he exclaimed that he was over joyed to finally have clean socks in his drawer. I smiled and said, "Happy Father's Day, don't get used to it."

He had an awesome home cooked meal tonight with steak and potatoes and garlic bread. Too bad he had to cook it himself.

Feeling a little guilty, I asked Emily to help me baked some brownies for him. Since they didn't end up in the trash can,I think the day was a successful.

Next year I think he may reconsider not telling me what to buy him and just go ahead and tell me. Won't he ever learn?

No comments: