Search This Blog

Monday, June 23, 2008

Lake Hartwell

Saturday Hartford, Emily and I spent the day at Rob and Linda's house. It has been way too long since we had visited them. We were so excited to get to see them and spend the day with them and double excited that Courtney, their granddaughter would be there too. We think the world of all three of them!

Emily tries to be a little shy at first but as soon as she spotted Boots and the his toy, her shyness was no more.

It wasn't long before she was heading down to the lake with Rob

and feeding the fish. This translates that in between feeding herself, she gives some to the fish.
It wasn't long before Hartford had her in the water.
And soon brave Emily was jumping into the lake and having fun. However, every once in a while Hartford would pull the float away and then we would hear her disapproval in her squeal "Dad--dy!".
Courtney and I took the paddle boat out for a paddle. Boy oh, it was fun! I let Courtney do the driving and the instructing. We had an awesome time talking and remembering the past.

Well, Emily was not to be left out and since paddling a paddle boat is a lot like exercise, I thought that I better rest a little while. Luckily for Emily, Linda and Courtney took her.

Once back from the ride, Emily hits the water again.
After a while, Emily decides that she will join Courtney and catch a few rays.
The rest was short and it was back to the water. Here's Courtney, Hartford and Emily relaxing in the lake.
Here they are again:
And here's one of Emily and her new best-est friend Courtney.
Time for food. Here's a picture of Hartford grilling:
Yes, he is sticking out his tongue. I am posting it even though I just may get tickled for it.

Poor me, I'm helpless when it comes to anything about preparing food. The food was delicious! Linda and Rob always feed us well. Thank you Linda and Rob!

After we ate, Emily watched a little Sponge Bob. I hate Sponge Bob. I was so thankful that Courtney was on my side and we both did the happy dance when the TV was turned off. Besides it was time to take a ride in the boat.


Here is Emily feeding the fish while in the boat:
Here's Emily looking for the bread she just tossed overboard. I'm not sure who ate more bread, her or the fish.

After the boat ride it was time for us to leave. Emily just didn't think she got a full day's worth and wanted more. It took her about 15 minutes to fall asleep on the way home which is 15 minutes longer than Hartford and I thought that it would.

Linda, Rob, and Courtney, thank you all for a wonderful day! We love you guys!

Courtney congratulations on graduation and best of luck with high school.

No comments: