Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The journal, day 1

This morning, I asked Emily if she wanted to keep a journal this summer and write notes to each other. She excitedly exclaimed, "yes!"

This afternoon, I found a notebook and wrote:

Dear Emily,

Have you seen the little apples on our big tree in the back yard?

Love,
Mom

This was her reply:
Translation:
Dear: Mom
I do not see the apples (apple is a drawn apple)
Love E.H.

Then, she wrote me this letter:
Translation:
Mom!!!!!!!!!!!!
Do you want to have a tea party tomorrow

I replied, "Yes, I want to have a tea party tomorrow.

Then she wrote:

Translation:
After the tea party lets play baby dolls!!!!!!!

I then wrote:

Dear Emily,

Ok, playing baby dolls will be fun.

Love,
Mom

1 comment:

Beth Cotell said...

What a great idea! I might have to do this when my son is a little older.