Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Finally in Virginia

We left our house at 5am on Saturday morning and we made it to Grandma's house a little after noon. I didn't take enough pictures. Unfortunately, I was annoying Emily. However, she was trying to be a good sport so that I wouldn't take her back to Georgia. Here are the pictures that turned out.

Picture number one, Emily with "my" Connie. I think it would be neat if I could find a picture of Connie holding me when I was about Emily's age so that I could put it beside this one in a scrap book. You never know, I may have a copy of the one that I'm thinking of in my picture stash.

Connie gave Emily a manicure and a pedicure. Those pictures didn't turn out.

Mom started a tradition when Emily was one year old. She gives Emily a cake and puts candles on it so that she can blow them out. I discovered that this tradition has been upgrade. Mom re-lights the candles and lets her blow them out again. They do this until the candles can't be lit any more. How cool is that? I need to change angles when photographing in the kitchen, the light doesn't do any of those pictures any favors.

Here's a silly picture. Connie would wrap Emily up in the "cherry snow" blanket and Emily would pretend to be mermaid. I recall wrapping Wade in a blanket when he was small. However, instead of pretending to be a mermaid, he was a snug bug in a rug.
Speaking of Wade, here he is all grown up and rough housing with Emily. Don't you love the pillow tied around her to protect her butt?
The effect of the rough housing:
Wade was surprised! He hadn't heard about the loose teeth since he came after Emily had had enough of people (me) talking about her teeth. I had hoped that Wade could get the other one out too, but alas, it was super stubborn.

Here's a picture taken the next morning after the tooth fairy came for a visit . Emily got stickers, fairy dust, a fifty cent piece and a dollar bill. Dang, I only got a quarter per visit.
For breakfast, she had a jelly biscuit. While eating it she lost the other tooth.
Later that day, we went to visit Hartford's Mom and Aunt Charlotte. Again, I didn't take enough pictures but here are a few:
We went across the road and checked out the creek.
I particularly like this picture:
I love Flowers. Since I can't grow them, I take pictures of them.
Here are is a picture of her opening one of her goodies that her Grannies gave her. This child is no doubt blessed.

After we returned to Grandma's house, there was more fun to be had. Notice the chalk. This was one of the neat gifts that she got at her Granny's home.
I missed taking a picture of her and Gary playing with the sand art that her Grannies had given her. Actually, I missed a bunch of pictures. Ugh! However, blogging is helping me be better at taking pictures more often.

Here she is with Alex jumping on a board.
She is no doubt posing for this picture even though she wouldn't admit it.
Here are the guys taking Emily for a bumpy ride in Wade's jeep.

Emily is having the best time ever and she may never want to ever come home.

No comments: