Search This Blog

Sunday, May 11, 2008

The Kiss

Last Thursday night, we had family portraits done at the church for the directory. Although I rarely wear makeup, I did that night. Emily wanted to wear makeup too, but I wouldn't let her. I argued the point that she was too young and she argued the point the Connie let's her wear makeup. Therefore, I argued the point that there was only enough time for one of us to put makeup on and that someone was going to be me and that Connie could put make up on her when she got to grandma's house. That satisfied her.

I must admit that I loved all the compliments that I received from her that night about how pretty I looked. Hartford missed his brownie points. Anyhoo, when we got back home she was still raving about my pretty lips. I marched upstairs and put on a double layer and called her upstairs and told her that since she liked it so much that I was going to kiss her so that she could wear it too. Just look at that grin! She was thrilled and jumped around as if she had won the lottery. What joy this child brings to me!

No comments: