Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

The book bag

Hartford got this book bag free when he subscribed to the Audubon magazine last year. Since it was the perfect size, Emily carried it every day throughout her Kindergarten school year. About three weeks ago, I was thinking it was a good thing that school was almost over because her free book bag was barely going to make it to the end. It was running pretty thin and it was all around looking worn out. I must have jinx it, because two days later, the strap broke on the way to school. I was able to tie it and it made it until the new one from L.L. Bean came today.
Here's the fancy mancy one: Live and learn, it was a waste of money to have it monogrammed since it wasn't a solid color. My researched concluded that it should last a mighty long time. I hope that Emily gets my money worth out of it.
This picture is not a picture of her looking at her new book bag. Well, it is but there is a better story to be told. Do you see that smiling sticker on her shirt? Well, that isn't just any ole sticker. It just so happens to be the sticker that was in the grab bag that Jonathan gave her today. So much for her life long boyfriend Jacob. She told me that if Jonathan didn't marry anyone first, she was going to marry him. It's so cute. Cute at age 6 not cute in a few more years. Ugh!

1 comment:

Amy Looney said...

Emily should just not be old enough to be in kindergarten! Agh! Now I feel old! :-D