Search This Blog

Friday, April 25, 2008

Pancakes

I am blessed with a husband that not only cooks, but enjoys to cook and moreover, cooks well. This morning he came upstairs and announced to me and Emily that there were pancakes downstairs with our names on them. Emily and I rushed downstairs for our breakfast. Hartford stayed upstairs since he isn't a pancake person. When I handed Emily her pancake, I saw the grave disappointment on her face. I gently asked, "What's wrong?" She replied, "Where's our names?" I decided to contain my laughter. I tried to explain that it was just an expression and he just meant that he had made us pancakes. She didn't accept the explanation and furthermore, she was convinced that he tried to trick us. Wnen I was pouring the syrup, she asked, "at least can I have an E?" I obliged and I also made a M on mine to stand for Mom. That seemed to ease her disappointment a little.

When Hartford came downstairs, I announced that we needed to talk. I explained that Emily was disappointed that our names really weren't on the pancakes. He summed it up too well when he said, "Little Miss Literal strikes again." We all laughed and Emily seemed content at last.

No comments: