Search This Blog

Thursday, April 3, 2008

God knew us before we were born

All my life I have heard that God knew us before we were born. I had always considered this as the truth without realizing the meaning of the truth.

I was overjoyed to be pregnant and could hardly wait to know if the baby was a boy or a girl. The ultra sound had been scheduled and there was absolutely no doubt that I wanted to find out. Actually, the sooner I found out the better, I had plans to make and dreams to dream. I counted the days until I would find out this great mystery. Shockingly, the ultra sound didn't tell us anything. Ugh, I couldn't believe it. I just had to know, I had to plan, I just had to know. But, the doctors wouldn't do another ultra sound just because I had to know.

I was bummed. I had my heart set on knowing, besides, I was getting pretty annoyed with people asking me if the baby was a boy or a girl. One Sunday soon afterwards when the preacher was preaching that God knew us before we were born, my mind and my heart were opened. Not only did a light bulb go off in my mind, but also my heart melted. I realized that the baby I was carrying was already loved by God and He knew him or her by name. I couldn't help but praise God for loving my unborn child and knowing it by name and then His love overwhelmed me even more as I realized that it was true of everyone including me.

What comfort and peace this knowledge brought to me. Now that Emily is here, I often wonder what she will be when she grows up, then I remember that God knew her before she was born so I shouldn't worry about it because He knows her future. I continue to pray for His help so that we may raise her so that she walks in His will.

No comments: