Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Bucket List

One Sunday the preacher spoke about the movie called The Bucket List. I was immediately hooked and wanted to know more. It turns out that a bucket list is a list of things that you want to do before kicking the bucket.

For weeks I have pondered upon this and I have discovered some amazing things. First and foremost, I am truly blessed. I've been unaware that I am living a dream come true. I'm happily married and enjoying my child. I have allowed small things to blind me. Now, I choose to place those small things into my side vision so that my direct vision will allow me to experience the joys of my life.

I realize that this list will always change as I will continue to change. I choose to put some things on it that never may come to pass and that is totally fine.

Here goes:

Regarding day to day with Emily

1-Enjoy Emily. When I told my Daddy that I was pregnant, he replied, "Now you'll have someone to play with." Amen!

2-Share my faith and my passions with Emily.

3-Teach Emily things so that she will have the tools to become successful.

4-Allow Emily teach me when I need to be taught.

5-Confirm to Emily that who she is makes a difference.

6-Encourage her when she needs it.

7-Allow Emily to fix her own problems.

8-Truly listen to Emily.

9-Watch the clouds with Emily and name their shapes - again.

10-To be Emily's mother first, then when the time comes be her friend.

Regarding my hubby:

1-Convince Hartford beyond any doubt how important he is in my life.

2-Buy Hartford a gift that he loves and wouldn't exchange it for the world. That one will be a tough one.

3-Eat Manicotti at Radford's Macado's restaurant with Hartford and re-live some of the wonderful memories from our early years of marriage.

4-Walk in the gentle rain hand in hand with Hartford.

5-Eat a candle light dinner at home just the two of us.

6-Go dancing with Hartford.

7-Ride roller coasters with Hartford and pretend we are in our twenties again.

8-Jet ski with Hartford.

9-Travel and have adventures with Hartford, i.e.

a-defy gravity and ride a hot air balloon
b-see Mt. Rushmore
c-visit the Mayfield Dairy Farm and eat yummy samples
d-visit California again
e-visit Callaway Gardens
f-do a huge Disney trip again and park hop with Emily too
g-see more plays at the Fox Theater with Emily too
h-visit a small full of life town and relish it beauty and simplicity
i-fly in a helicopter over the Grand Canyon
j-go to Europe
k-Eat more meals good enough to be my last meal at Wolf Gang Puck restaurant

Things to learn or do myself:

1-Write a book staring Missy cat. Who knows maybe Emily will one day illustrate it.

2-Help with Bible school - again.

3-Paint a picture with Emily's name in the middle of it.

4-Learn to sew and make doll clothes.

5-Make an enemy for life by acting upon for what I believe in.

6-Write a letter to everyone whom I love.

7-Make a difference to someone on their death bed.

8-Make a difference to a stranger.

9-Make people laugh.

10-Blog often.

11-Learn healthier habits.

12-Let someone else have the chance that I missed.

13-Live in a way to have a honorable reputation.

14-Take pictures of everything from scenery to the moments of everyday life in order to celebrate the beauty in every thing.

15-Always scrapbook.

17-Go on scrap book retreats.

18-Find joy every day.

19-Inspire someone to greatness.

20-Get a pedicure

21-Have a maid every two weeks

The End.

No comments: