Search This Blog

Friday, October 3, 2008

Toys have came into our home and toys have left our home, but this rocking horse as stood the test of time:
When I was pregnant with Emily, I saw these cute soft rocking horses at Sam's Club and fell in love with them and I wanted one for my child. However, as luck would have it, money was tight and I had no other choice but to leave the store without one. I reasoned that I had plenty of time since the baby wasn't due for months. Well, the more that I thought about those cute little horses, the more determined that I had to have one immediately. Therefore, when pay day arrived, I went to pick up one of those adorable rocking horses. Guess what, they were sold out without knowledge if they would be getting more in stock. No problem, I thought because I would just go to another Sam's club and get one. It wasn't as easy as I had thought. I ended up searching ever darn Sam's Club that I knew how to get to. Unfortunately, everyone of them said that they were sold out and didn't know if or when they would be stocking more.

Anyway, months past and I have given up all hope of every finding these horses again. One day Hartford and I took a walk and ended up at Sam's Club. Lo and behold there were three horses waiting for someone to buy them. I had to have one that moment. Hartford tried to convince me to walk home and get the car. But I would not take the chance of them selling out by the time I could get back to the store. So I purchased it and I carried it home. Did I mention that it was a hot summer day? Did I mention that it gets really muggy hot in Georgia? Did I mention that I was large with child? Did I mention that I carried that stupid horse all the way home? Did I mention that I should have listened to Hartford because two weeks later, there were about 30 of those darn horses in every darn Sam's Club that I went into?

The horse has stood the test of time. Emily has enjoyed many hours playing with this horse. She is almost seven years old and she will still sit and ride it for a few moments at a time. There has been phases where she would feed it half eaten apples, and there was been phases where she shared it with her dolls and stuffed animal, there has been times that the horse has been it time outs and there has been times that it has been covered in hair bows.

I'm glad that she likes it so well.

No comments: