Search This Blog

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Sunday morning

Man oh man, it was COLD Saturday night. I froze. Next year, I'm bringing warmer clothes. Hartford said he was fine and Emily seemed fine until the early morning hours. Once she said that she was cold, we cuddled to keep warm.

When Emily and I got up, Hartford had a nice fire burning and we enjoyed our time together as we got warm. When it was time for breakfast, we drank hot cocoa.
And ate doughnuts and grits. The pancake mix was left behind, oh well. After breakfast, we took a walk. We found a cool rock maze. We also found the vegetable garden and the animals. Emily declined the often to learn how to milk a cow. She was more interested in watching the bunnies.

On our walk back to the tent, Emily ask, "Is it just me, or does something smell NAS-TY?" The way she said it, just cracked me up. Hartford told her that we were walking past the compost area.

Wow, isn't this the neatest picture of a waterfall that you have ever seen? What, you don't see it? Oh yeah, that's right, as we were hiking straight up the mountain all the organs in my body threaten to explode if I went any further. Hey, I did make it close enough to hear the waterfall. Hartford and Emily said it was beautiful and I take their word for it.

After we returned from my near death experience, I snapped a few pictures of Emily playing. Then I left her to help Hartford brake camp.

No comments: