Search This Blog

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Our Weedend

Our weekend went well. Friday night Emily and I started straightening the house up and deciding what crafts we wanted to start. Here are two of them:


I did a lot of patch work on Emily's clothes. See below. She is a little rough on the knees of her jeans. I added a few flowers for design measures. Luckily, I purchase the majority of her clothes second hand so when a hole is formed, I don't sweat it. She'll only get about two more months wear out of them anyway. It has never failed that by the end of the year, she change sizes. The other day when I picked Emily up from the YMCA, a counselor stated that Emily seemed to be getting taller. Her size 7 slim pants fit perfectly on her at the moment. However, in Emily's opinion fitting perfectly means they are too little and we need to buy three sizes bigger. Since she does prefer bigger clothes, it's easier to layer and that is what she loves to do.
There is just too little time in Emily's life here lately for t.v. She has been busy doing homework, more chores, more crafts, going to the library, going to brownie meetings, playing outside, and generally playing more with her toys. She even has stopped asking me if she can watch TV. In seven days she has only watched her TV on Sunday. Below is an example of how she plays with her toys. She dresses them up.
The only bad thing about her not watching TV is that when she gets a yellow mark from school, we can't punish her by taking the TV away. But I think we can figure something else out. However this week, Hartford and I decided to ignore her yellow mark. Come on people who hasn't made faces in the cafeteria?

No comments: