Search This Blog

Friday, October 3, 2008

The spider

Since Hartford is now working downtown, I get the privilege of walking Emily to school in the mornings. I love our walks together. The walk is short but it is always filled with excitement. I can never guess what subject or subjects Emily will talk about. She is a hoot and I often head back home shaking my head and wondering where she comes up with some of the stuff that she says.

Emily only allows me to walk her to the corner where the street sidewalk turns into the sidewalk to the school. For several weeks, this spider has been keeping our interest. One morning there where three kids and three Moms looking at it together when a school bus driver opened the door of the bus and inquired what everyone was looking at. She seemed unimpressed once one of the Mothers stated that it was a spider. One of the students told the driver that it wasn't just a spider, it was a beautiful garden spider. Emily added, "yeah, and it's going to have babies if it's a girl." I'll say one thing for the spider, it has spun an amazing web. It almost makes me want to watch Charlotte's Web one more time.

No comments: