Search This Blog

Friday, December 12, 2008

Getting ready for the Christmas party

Hartford's company is holding a Christmas party tomorrow night. Since I didn't lose any weight, I refused to go shopping. I was just going to wear my old faithful black dress pants with a dressy blazer that I got a few months ago. However, I took a day off from work last week and lo and behold I got to go an all women consignment sale. It was a first time they held this sale and it's the only women consignment sale around. I hope it did well enough so that it will become a twice a year event. The lady who did it is a friend of the lady who does the scrapbook consignment sale. The sale was so well organized. I was able to find $65 worth of stuff. I found a dressy black coat that is from Dillard's for only $10. It looks new. I also got a thick casual coat for $20. Now, I don't have to wear Hartford's coat when I'm walking Emily to school. I also found the best fitting jeans for next to nothing that looks great, two shirts and this dress to wear to the party:Here's a close up of the material:
I have a black dressy sweater to wear with it. However, I didn't have any nice shoes or a purse to match. Therefore, I went to Payless Shoe and found these very comfortable dressy shoes, and they aren't flat. And since Payless was having a BOGO sale, Emily got a new pair of black dress shoes for half price. She needed them. She just keeps growing out of shoes. Anyway...I then went to Marshall's and found a nice clutch that runs $40 for $10.
I'm even going to wear make-up at the party. I may not even recognize myself. I couldn't tell you how long it's been since I wore a dress, it's been years. Plus, I haven't worn makeup since we took a picture for the church directory which was in the spring.

No comments: