Search This Blog

Monday, August 18, 2008

Apples

Last year our we didn't have enough apples to make a pie, this year however, we have enough to feed an army. Here are just a few that Hartford picked to make cider. Here's Emily working hard to press the apples. Please note that she did far more work with the standing water in the drive way and a stick than she did working with the press. However, she did help a lot with throwing the apples into the press so that Hartford (mostly) and I could crank.
Yum, oh! Fresh cider from a machine from the late 1800's.
By late afternoon, I had about all I could handle of apples plus the laundry was yelling for my attention so Emily happily took my place and helped Hartford to peel some.

Luckily, we have been able to share the apple wealth with Mom and several members of our Church. This Saturday a couple from our church is coming over to make some cider. I believe that after the cider making on Saturday, the rest of the apples will be left for the enjoyment of the wild animals from our backyard.

No comments: