Search This Blog

Monday, September 14, 2009

Shepards

Hartford and I have volunteered to be Shepards to the 2nd grade Sunday school class this year. We will alternate months and since we were gone on Labor Day weekend, we will have one week in October but more importantly, yesterday was our first day.

I think I'm in love! We have two sets of twin girls. The tall ones are very outgoing and announced that they were twins right away and the shorter set were very soft spoken. Grayson was there. It was nice to see him, he was a little boy that was in Emily's class last year. I've posted his picture a time or two with Emily.

There are some very sweet boys in there as well and then there is Cooper. I am very fascinated with him. Yesterday I asked questions to get to know the children (the activities are all planned out). One of the questions was where would you you go on your dream vacation? Most everyone said Disney, Grayson said the beach and Cooper, he said Hawaii. Surprised I said, "Wow!" He added, "Yeah, I want to die." Shocked, I asked, "die?" Cooper with the biggest smile on his face said, "die by a volcano, that would be so COOL!"

Each child was amazing. I was running out of things to say, so I started talking about Missycat. I mentioned that as soon as she is outside, she wants to go inside and then as soon as she gets outside, she wants to be inside. One of the outgoing twins was shocked to hear this because they have a girl cat and they can't let it go out side because there is a boy cat outside that wants to give her babies.

I'm really excited to go next week and hear all they have to say and to get to know each of them better.

I was a little shocked at Emily's behavior. She was totally quite. Maybe next week, I won't practice the activity on her before the others get there. I'm learning, always learning.

No comments: