Search This Blog

Monday, September 21, 2009

Rain, Rain, Go Away - NOW!

It's not just wet, it's horrible for a lot of people. We are lucky so far. Emily missed school today and will at least miss it tomorrow. On my way to work this morning, I ran into two closed roads and had to find other roads. This afternoon coming back from work, there were some roads closed whichever way I knew to get home. Luckily, a lady at work told me how she was going to go and I prayed that the roads were open and I wouldn't get lost since I rarely go that way. I didn't have any problems. I was afraid of the standing water in the roads and I was afraid that a tree may fall. But the way I went, I was fine.

Other people have not been so lucky. Some are without electricity, some have lost everything they own, some have even lost their lives. I'm counting my blessings tonight and I pray that things continue to go well for us.


No comments: