Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Arabrian Mountain

Sunday was such a beautiful day. We decided to go to Arabian Mountain.

Arabian Mountain has funny looking treesand dragon flies and lots and lots of rocks. Emily was true to herself and filled my pockets full of rocks. She called them beautiful and I called them heavy.

I'm not sure if Emily was more surprised that the dragon fly landed on her pig tail or that I said, "hold still and I'll take a picture." I figured she shouldn't mind a dragon fly in her hair since she'll pick up any worm that she can find.
Please note Emily's school spirit shirt that she is wearing. It has a Ram on it. Well, she picked it out because rams climb mountains. I love her logic.

It's hard to tell in this picture, but she isn't wearing her high top tennis shoes. When I asked why she didn't wear her high tops, she stated that high tops were basketball shoes, not hiking shoes. I was shocked. I didn't realize she knew what basketball was since she isn't a sports girl, just kidding.
While we were hiking on a trail, we saw a deer running though the trees. When I say we, I really mean me and Hartford because Emily was preoccupied with an acorn.

Later at home, I joined Hartford and Emily with her new pink baseball mitt and we tossed a ball around and laughed like there was no tomorrow. Have I ever mentioned that Emily is funny as a monkey?

No comments: