Search This Blog

Sunday, December 20, 2009

The ABC's of Christmas - M

Missy cat
December, 2009

Dear Folks,

Don’t faint, its Missy cat writing to wish each of you a Merry Christmas. I know, I know it has been a long time since I have written. You know, I do have a lot of other things to do, such as pounce, nap, hunt, nap, eat, nap, bathe, nap, purr, and nap. I’m sure you get the idea.

Regardless of what my Mama may think or say, I can do two things at once. Just because things didn’t work out exactly the way that I had planned that day when I tried to pounce and purr at the same time, doesn’t necessarily mean that I’m uncoordinated. I’m here to tell you that if I wasn’t sitting on the very edge of the deck’s banister and if that bird was just a smidgen closer to me, I wouldn’t have fallen in the flower pot of dirt. My paws were sore for a month, two weeks, three days and seven minutes, but who’s counting? Mama laughed so hard that she almost hurt my feelings. But then I remembered that she is the only one who knows where my dry food is located. Therefore, I had to forgive her quickly before my tummy began to grumble.

For Christmas, I want a pair of thumbs. Please make sure that they are light gray and come in a size small. I’m not sure where you buy them, but I suspect that you can buy them at Thumbs ‘R Us. I think thumbs would be really cool. The possibilities are endless. I wonder if I could finally scratch that itch that lives in my ear.

However, if you can’t find thumbs, I’ll settle for taters. I’m not sure what taters are, but Mama thinks I already have some. She
always tells me to hold my taters when I want to go outside or the water in the faucet isn’t running. When Emily hears Mama tell me to hold my taters, she just giggles.

And while we are on the subject of Emily and giggling, let me ask, “will the giggling ever end?” That child giggles six hundred, thirty-nine times a day, give or take a giggle. But, who’s counting?

Well, there is a grumble in my tummy, so I’ve got to go. I wonder if I can purr and eat at the same time. I think that I’ll try it, but only if there aren’t any flower pots around.

Merry Christmas,
Missy cat

No comments: