Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

The Night the Lights Went out in Georgia

The rain suddenly starts beating down. I go and open the sliding glass door and without a whisper from my mouth, Missy cat darts into the house and runs upstairs to safety. I quickly close and lock the door. I sit down beside Emily at the dinning room table and the boom of thunder shakes the house and we witness the sudden brightness from the lightening. Before the outside became dark again, the lights went out without even a flicker.

I don't panic, I see this moment as a moment to become the great hero that I dream of becoming. I quickly get these candles lit and I stand tall with pride.

Then the true hero of our home, walks in with a lantern.
I don't stand quite as tall, but I can't help but to laugh at Hartford smiling ear to ear because he knows that he won yet another "seize the moment" moment.

Since Emily and I were doing crafts before the lights went out and Hartford found an excellent source of light, we continued. I cut and punched out the heart shapes with Creative Memories tools. Emily put them together and decorated the items.

Here is a picture of Emily working on the kissing fish. Since they ended up not actually being turned the correct way in order to kiss one another, she calls them cruising fish.

Here she is working on the bunny. Please note that this bunny turned out to be one fancy mancy fashion queen bunny.
Here are the four cruising fish. Yes, they are wearing lip stick.
Here is the stylish bunny.


I love how Emily can take something simple and make it her own. She has a talent for creating beauty.

1 comment:

Amy Looney said...

Someday, I fully expect to see Emily on one of those fashion designer shows. Such a pretty rabbit!